ASHRAE and the American Chemistry Council (ACC) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) formalizing the organizations’ relationship. The MoU was signed by 2019-20 ASHRAE president Darryl K. Boyce, P.Eng. and ACC president and CEO Chris Jahn on Nov. 19 in Atlanta. The agreement defines parameters on how the two organizations will collaborate more closely to continue promoting the advancements of a more sustainable built environment.
The organizations have committed to work together on:
• engaging in projects and activities whose purpose is to help improve the health, safety, and welfare of communities through the built environment;
• supporting the development, adoption, and enforcement of building codes and standards that support those improvement goals;
• promoting the use of sound science in the development and assessment of building standards and codes.
• enhancing building performance by fostering improvements in energy efficiency, resiliency, indoor air quality, and the health, well-being, and productivity of building occupants; and
• increasing communication between professionals of the building, design and construction industry and chemistry industry to promote innovation and sustainability.