Since 1952, the ADA has supported scientists and the life-saving research they conduct to ensure people with diabetes can live life to the fullest. Your support of scientists like the individuals below and the research they conduct helps ensure our vision of life free of diabetes and all its burdens will one day become a reality.
Click to donate towards this important work and your gift will be matched
- 2006: Dr. Mary Elizabeth Hartnett studies the role of a molecule which contributes to the loss of vision associated with diabetes. Therapies targeting this molecule are now used in the clinic and help prevent progression of vision loss in people with diabetes.
- 2008: Dr. Vera Novak links changes in brain structure and memory to poorly controlled diabetes, showing that better glucose management can prevent the adverse effects in humans. Support researchers like Dr. Novak by donating today and the Amaranth Diabetes Foundation will match your gift.
- 2011: Dr. Robert Toto identifies new biomarkers helping to identify patients with or at risk for chronic kidney disease, enabling us to treat these patients more efficiently. Support researchers like Dr. Toto by donating today and the Amaranth Diabetes Foundation will match your gift.
- 2014: A landmark paper is published demonstrating significant reductions in diabetes complications including heart disease, stroke, amputation, kidney disease and hyperglycemic crisis. Continue to drive capstone discoveries like these by donating towards research today and the Amaranth Diabetes Foundation will match your gift.
- 2018: Amaranth Diabetes Foundation supports Dr. Jenny Kanter and her research aimed at identifying new therapeutics to prevent diabetes related heart disease. Continue to fuel the work of researchers like Dr. Kanter by donating today and the Amaranth Diabetes Foundation will match your gift.